Friday, February 24, 2012

for a plant to be named later

Look what I got, a bag full of snowdrops. What a great start to the weekend. A colleague at work is also a gardener. I offered ligularia and hosta, if she ever wanted any. This led to a week long conversation about trading plants. Remember, one gardener's invasive plant is an other's exuberant low maintenance garden. We made a multi-plant trade. I got snowdrops today with double flower department of transportation orange day lilies and daises later. I traded  ligularia seeds, a box full of miscellaneous seeds and hosta, ligularia and chameleon plants once they pop up. I'm also going to help establish a garden at the school. Not a bad deal all the way around. Gardeners are just about the friendliest people in the world.
The Akron and Central Ohio Garden Shows are this weekend, so Pat and I are off in search of lawn ornamentation.

3 comments:

Shady Gardener said...

Agreed, Jim! Love your trade... the work you'll do at school... and "it's the truth!" about gardeners! :-)

Lona said...

Plant exchanges are so fun. Sounds like you made some good trades.
Have fun at the Akron show and gets lots of pictures you two.

Anonymous said...

Jim, I love swapping plants with people. I don't know which gives me more pleasure: watching someone else's excitement at a plant I have too much of or getting plants I have been yearning for. Both feel a lot like Christmas and my birthday all rolled into one! Another Maine gardener has recently started a web site and blog devoted to facilitating plant swaps, and I can't wait to take advantage of it. -Jean