Monday, February 27, 2012

Columbus

Sunday, Pat and I took a trip to Columbus to tour the gardenshow and check out the Franklin Park Conservatory. Thank you Lona for the tickets. Anything in my garden is yours. The trip to Columbus is an enjoyable two hour drive. When we lived in Chicago, the trip to Springfield was a journey through flat. The only thing preventing us from seeing Lincoln’s tomb was the curvature of the earth. The trip to Columbus is through rolling farmland and much more enjoyable.


This year the Columbus Home and Garden Show celebrated the bicentennial of the City of Columbus, happy birthday Columbus! The gardens at the show were great, the best so far.  There were the usual combinations of hosta, tulips and daises living in blissful harmony.  I’ll always get a kick out of these combinations. If I could only have hosta in full leaf at the same time our tulips bloom.   We found an addition to our yard in the Japanese Pieris and another nursery to add to our must visit list. I noticed some mini hosta at one of the display gardens, started calling for Pat, when a gentleman handed me some literature and told me that guess what? Yep, they specialized in hosta. Say no more, we’ll be there in April.


 What's a few more hosta? I already have the pots.
 It likes shade, and I got shade.



 I always have stars in my eyes when I see Pat.

No trip to Columbus would be complete without a visit to the Franklin Park Conservatory. We were in luck, orchids were on display.






3 comments:

Rohrerbot said...

Looks like a nice way to stay out of the cold:) I love the art inside. And you can never go wrong with a hosta:)

Mark and Gaz said...

Thanks for sharing this! I never get tired of looking at garden shows from all over the world. Love the Dale Chihuly glass sculptures!

Jayne said...

Looks like you had a lovely day out.