Thursday, May 19, 2011

for Pat, part II

I was stuck in rush hour traffic on the Stevenson Expressway, coming home from a funeral when I looked up and saw one of those “End of the World May 21” billboards. At the rate I was moving, there was a good chance that I would still be on the Stevenson when the 21st rolled around. How disappointing, the end of the world and I’m sitting in traffic! Bummer. I think the guy who paid for the billboard might have it wrong. I think the end of the world will occur when the Chicago Cubs get into the World Series, but what do I know?

The end of the world and Pat and I still have gardening to finish. Pat is gardening Katie and Sean’s yardette. I don’t think it’s big enough to be called a yard, so I’ve coined the term yardette. With luck, Pat will finish and get a post in before it’s too late. I am going to wait on the gardening till the back yard dries out, end of the world or not. It’s been raining for the last five days so the ground squishes when I walk on it. While the rain has brought to life every weed in the yard, at least they are easy to pull.

Here are some more pics for Pat. Maybe the yard will be dry enough to walk on by the time she gets back home. Pat, if the boys could talk, they would tell you they miss you.












2 comments:

Gatsbys Gardens said...

The plants look wonderful Jim! Maybe you can identify my light green hosta that doesn't like the sun.

Eileen

Lona said...

The plants are doing well despite the rain that comes nonstop. I am so glad the world did not end because I haven't gotten my garden dug up either.LOL!