Friday, October 2, 2009

OK, so fall is here

Well, I can't hang out in the back yard in a t-shirt any more. Actually, you can't hang out in the back yard at all unless you've got on a rain coat. It's been raining for the last 4 out of 5 days, or is it 9 out of the last 10. I ran out and took these pics on the one day it didn't rain. Speaking of rain, this isn't that life-bringing spring type rain, when everything smells and feels fresh and new. No! This is that life sucking kind of rain that occurs every fall when the temps hover in the 50's and the sun goes away. I yearn to work out in the yard, but in this weather, I'd be a parody of a Monty Python character working in an anarco-syndicalist commune. The rain seems to permeate every thing. You can't get warm. I watch the grass grow by the feet and wonder if it will ever end. Well, it will when it starts to snow.














No comments: