Thursday, July 12, 2012

thanks for lunch

We fill the bird feeders once a day, sometimes twice, depending who is dining. I had just filled them when I noticed that one was empty. Maybe I missed it, maybe it was a squirrel. I kind of doubted that a squirrel was the culprit. Since the hawks took up residence, the squirrels have kept a low profile. So off I went to get more bird seed. When I walked into the sun room, I saw the reason. Middle of the day for crying out loud, I got a deer in the back yard. I look at the deer, the deer looks at me, and I swear it was thinking: “what do you want?” It was still hanging out in the yard when I got back with my camera. It is really cool having all our dinner guests in the yard.









2 comments:

Kukkaiselämää said...

You have a lot of nice visitors! Only some birds, rabbits and hedgehogs sometimes visit our garden. You have a beautiful and cozy garden.

I live in Finland. If you want see a Finnish garden, you can visit my blog.

Satu

The Redneck Rosarian said...

Great photos! You always capture your gardening friends well...