Tuesday, July 6, 2010

too hot to garden

It’s been way too hot outside for any yard work, but I can’t stand being cooped up in the house. The solution is to sit in my favorite outside chair. You might notice that most of our outside chairs look the same, so favorite is more a spot than a type. I love sitting under the trees in the back yard. The boys spend time by the picnic bench or in the sunroom. I take a book and a camera and usually nod off in a short time. It’s OK because I have nowhere to go and all day to get there. Chipmunks, squirrels, rabbits, all kinds of birds, bees and butterflies are all over the yard. All the aches and pains from garden work evaporate when a rabbit stops a foot away from me or the baby ducks show up for lunch. The pics are what I see from my favorite chair with a few extra thrown in at the end. As you can see, I’m not very turf lawn centric. I mow it about every three weeks with a push mower.
Pat and I are off to Buffalo Thursday for Buffa10. What a hoot this is going to be visiting with garden bloggers and visiting gardens.










8 comments:

Gatsbys Gardens said...

Have a great time in Buffalo. Your garden looks great.

Eileen

Anonymous said...

enjoy!

Laura Bloomsbury said...

Lots of lovely shade for the hot days and your hostas are doing beautifully. Enjoy Buffalo day -

Laura

Kyna said...

Wow, you have a regular oasis back there! LOL Even when it's hot, that place just screams 'cool' :D

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

Cozy shady place invites to spend some time with a good book. Nice views of your garden Jim! I like that stone bench!

Meredith said...

At least a little bit like Eden. :) This line was just perfect: "It’s OK because I have nowhere to go and all day to get there." Awesome, Jim.

Have a great time at the festival!

Is the Wiz said...

It looks so peaceful. Sometimes I forget to just sit and enjoy the garden, it's good to be reminded.

Lona said...

Jim your and Pats garden is just so beautiful now. The beds are all so pretty and full. That looks like the perfect place to hang out in this heat wave. Have fun in Buffalo and snap loads of pictures you two.