Saturday, March 8, 2008

Bob the Dog saves the day



It's been snowing for two days now. it's supposed to stop sometime soon. This isn't your Bing Crosby, Bob Hope kinda of snow where eveyone's giddy and happy. No, this stuff is more like South American soccer team snow where you end up gnawing your best friend's leg off. The PD's already had the annual one day of sun a month issue which was quickly followed by the everyone's depressed because of the lack of sun and too much snow issue. The classic rock stations play Neil Young's Powderfinger all day long. The PD then has its depression and suicide issue. Well, so much for the good news.

You gotta ask yourself why is this all happening. If you're a follower of brother Al Gore you might think global warming. I saw Gore's infomercial and the documentary film The Next Day and maybe they got a point. But I'm thinking something more biblical. The weather channel said that Rhode Island is suffering from torrential rain storms. Ohio is suffering a state wide blizzard of historical propotions. Maybe, just maybe, god's not happy with the primary results. I mean, you don't hear anything bad about Vermont do you?











3 comments:

Isla Zina said...

I love your blog. As a former PD reporter hiding out in Mexico for 10 months of the year, I was looking for weather news today. And the side dose of political commentary made me smile.

sarah manville gann said...

I'm surprised it was just snow and not locusts.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.