Monday, June 6, 2011

pat stole my pot

I was reading Carolyn’s Shade Garden’s post on large hosta when I came across the picture of a tall pot or urn kind of container filled with hosta and ferns. What a great idea. I may not have a creative bone in my body, but the bloggers I follow are creative as all get out. I always thought a tall pot would be a cool addition, and now I knew what to put in it and where I would put it. I was surprised when Pat agreed to go on the hunt for a tall pot at the local pottery store. Most of my ideas are greeted with the skepticism they deserve. Well, off we went. I was giddy with anticipation. We found a great looking pot and back home we went. About half way home Pat suggested that this pot was so cool looking that it would be wasted in the side yard already filled with hosta in pots. A better place would be the front yard where we could fill it with flowers and put it in one of the new beds. I was so close, I mean really, really close.

11 comments:

Shyrlene said...

Jim - Pat called it! Sorry your hostas lost out, but that pot looks fantastic in it's prominent location with those beautiful flowers in it.

Sounds like you might need another trip to find other creative pottery? Just keep a good grip on it this time, when you take it out of the car! ;)

Anonymous said...

Jim, That is so funny. Wait until Pat is not home, sneak off to the pot store (containers I mean), bring it home, and plant it before she gets back. You can tell her you let her have the other one because for your fern and hosta planting you needed a wider opening. Thanks for the link. I am so honored that you actually got an idea from my blog and tried to execute it. Stealth is now required. Carolyn

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous pot! It looks fabulous in the front yard, but I am sure it would have looked just as good with a hosta!

Barbara said...

Great pot, and beautiful flowers. I'm inspired.

Vesna Maric said...

Hi Jim, I must admit, this looks really cool. Nice of you to let Pat have it her way.
Greetings to both of you.

Darla said...

She was so right on with this idea, sorry. It's beautiful!

Jean Campbell said...

Father's Day is coming. Bob and Fred should give you pots for your hostas, one from each of them.

greggo said...

Its the thought that counts!

JCharlier said...

Well Jim, this is the sort of thing that happens when you marry someone way smarter than yourself. This I know.

Donna said...

Jim I have to agree with Pat...but of course you have a chance for another pot for the hostas right???

Gatsbys Gardens said...

I love the flowers and the big pot. Usually, the bigger pot the better when viewing from a distance.

Eileen