Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The flowers of Costa Mesa or Beau Geste revisited

Pat and I are in Costa Mesa, CA this week. To satiate our gardening jones, we have taken to walking the neighborhood. As usual, you are on your own when it comes to the names of the flowers. I can identify the rabbits that are in some of the pictures. The flowers we saw are all beautiful.

This sure isn't the type of plant life I'm used to. We can grow some of the flowers we saw as annuals back home. I don't think anything we saw could survive our winters. And boy is it hot! I don't mean the ha ha "but it's a dry heat" hot. I mean the kind of hot that sucks the life forces out of you I half expected to see Ray Milland, Gary Cooper or Robert Preston walking next to me, with Brian Donlevy cursing us. Check out the pictures from the salt marsh and you won't think I'm kidding.

















No comments: