Friday, May 20, 2011

an Elmer Fudd moment

I glanced out the window and saw two bunnies. Ah! How cute I thought. Maybe I can get a pic or two. I grabbed the camera, walked outside and heard Elmer Fudd singing Wagner. All I could think of was “kill the wabbit.” Those cute little bunnies were actually ravenous beasts chowing down on my plants. I’ve been wondering why some of the plants in the flower bed didn’t seem to be growing. I mean plants sitting in a bed of sweet peet, warm temps and constant rain were not growing. Now I know why. I got to find new homes for a bunch of plants, out of reach from these pesky, but cute, critters




4 comments:

Shady Gardener said...

Hi Jim! Pesky wabbit! :-)

Susan in the Pink Hat said...

Ugh! Sorry, those are not cute bunnies. Trap em.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I'm afraid I wouldn't think they were cute for very long if they were munching away in my gardens.

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

P.S. I look forward to seeing pictures of the 'yardette' that Pat is working on.

Donna said...

I have often wandered around singing "kill the wabbit". I have a spray that flavors the plants they enjoy with a taste they don't like and it lasts a long time. It helps. And I am chasing them too. I have to net my veggies or forget about it...