Monday, May 23, 2011

Cleveland Asian Festival

This past weekend was Cleveland’s Asia Festival and you bet I went. Pat and I are always searching for festivals to visit. Since pat is still visiting the grand kids (wow! That’s the first time I’ve used that word. I think I’ll use it again, it sounds so cool. Grand kids), I ate enough for both of us. There were two stages so there was something to see and hear all day.


I mentioned to the gentleman on the right that I had not found a Filipino restaurant since I left Chicago. He finished my thought when he said; "you mean the one in Downers Grove? i used to go to that one also." Boy, that was weird and cool at the same time.






Mayor Frank Jackson, mayor of Cleveland was at the festival, and took the time to get a picture with me. I almost bumped into this guy on the way home. The deer was standing on the side of the road, looking like it wanted to cross . I stopped the car, waiting for it to cross. The deer just stood there, not trusting me. I wasn't going to go after it, as much as I might want to. You never know, he's probably related to the deer that eat my hosta.

1 comment:

Gatsbys Gardens said...

Jim,

Downers Grove is a notable place, the wrestler who just passed away, Savage was from Downers. I love the Tivoli and many of the restaurants.

Dream Interiors is a lovely place, although you may not think so, and Emmetts Ale House is a place I have been to many times.

Eileen