Sunday, June 14, 2009

Poetry in Cleveland

My friend and co-worker Nicole Robinson invited us to a poetry reading. It was at a place called the Literary Cafe in the Tremont section of Cleveland. When we walked in I flashed back to Chicago. This was just the kind of place Uncle Harold took me to when I was in high school. What fun that was. The poetry reading was in the back room in what used to be the dining area. The people running the place were very friendly. Pat and I were obviously the new guys and everyone made us feel at home. The room got really crowded. It filled up with aging hippies, hippie wannabes, college revolutionaries, poets and our friend Paul and Amanda. Paul's a writer poet and seemed to know everyone. It was very cool. I filmed Nicole's reading start to finish. It's a little over 20 minutes.

No comments: