Monday, May 18, 2009

For hosta lovers everywhere

Just some hosta and one really nice flower. The garden looks good after we spread sweet peat. The colors just jump out. We have so many plants , so close together, that Pat and I have to spread the sweet peat by hand using buckets. Long gone are the days when I could wheel barrow a load and just shovel. We have to look at every plant when we're fertilizing. The overlapping foliage with all the different shapes and colors is just the look we're after.
I wonder how hard it would be to tag all the different kinds of plants we have in our garden. I'll probably need to get some sort of thick hosta picture book. When we started, all I cared about was if the plant looked cool. Now I'd like to know what we planted. See if you can find Pat.


















No comments: