Thursday, July 12, 2007

Hosta, Hosta, and More Hosta. Part 2

There are pictures of ferns and lagularia mixed in with the hosta pictures. As with all plants, I can't tell you their names. I tried early on to learn the names of all the hosta plants we have. I gave up when I came across a hosta plant named Captain Kirk in a catalogue. I mean for crying out loud, those people have infiltrated the calm and peace of gardening. I wonder if they bring hosta plants to their conventions? I know who to ask, but I probably never will. So now I describe hosta by how the leaf looks. You got your small, medium, large, and extra-large hosta. They come in different shades of green and some have edging or strips in different shades of green. The blues, yellows, and whites are really shades of green.



















No comments: