Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Cleveland Garden Walk

This past weekend was Cleveland’s Garden Walk.  Pat and I walked two of the neighborhoods last year and had a blast so this year the only decision we had to make was which neighborhoods we were going to visit.  It’s always fun to visit gardens. I always see something new and marvelous. One of the coolest places to visit was the Ohio City Farm. We’ve been buying produce from its farm stand for the last couple of years. It is a wonder, fresh produce grown almost in the shadow of the Cleveland skyline.  I was going to take pics of the produce we bought, but we ate it all. 
Probably the most out of the way place to visit was Vintage Alpaca Farms.  It is just over the Cleveland border from the Old Brooklyn neighborhood, tucked in an industrial park. What a hoot when we found the place and met up with a bunch of garden walkers, all with “I found the place” grins on their faces




 Ready made straight rows, who would have thought?

 Come to see alpacas and you get chickens too, smack dab in the middle of urbanated Cleveland.



3 comments:

Kukkaiselämää said...

That looks like a nice place! I especially like those animals...

Anonymous said...

Jim, I love the idea of this kind of farming going on in a big city. (Trust me, by Maine standards, Cleveland is very big!) Alpacas really do have a major cute factor going for them. :-) -Jean

Lona said...

Well we will all just make believe we saw the good things to eat you bought. LOL! Great gardens. I think even I could keep a straight row with that technique. LOL!